Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sammy Anne writes a letter...

Dear foster mommy Monica,

I wanted to write to you and tell you how I am doing. I missed you a
lot at first. But I have settled into my new foster home nicely, and
am really getting used to it. When I came to your house, I was not
feeling good at all. You took really good care of me. When I left to
come here, I was feeling better, but you know that I still wasn't
feeling all that great yet. My new foster mom gave me medicine and I
felt better. Then I started to cough again, and she took me back to
the nice vet, and I started on some new medicine again. I am starting
to feel better now. Someone named Aunt Lisa sent some eyedrops for me.
I didn't like them at first, but now I don't mind them as much as I
did. My eyes hardly tear up anymore at all. My new foster mommy says
that my cough will go away soon, too. My fur is growing back where
they shaved it for my spay. In fact, my fur is looking really nice. My
new foster mom says I am turning B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. She says that
means that I'm pretty.


There are two dogs here who live here and are not fosters like me.
They have been pretty nice to me, and most of the time I feel like one
of the family. One of them is a setter just my size, but a little
heavier. She used to be a foster, but then she decided to stay here as
her furever home. We were getting along really well. She's young, but
she has really shown me the ropes around here. I think she's in charge.
Of all the dogs, she was here first.

I have learned some new things since I came here. I have learned about
walking on the leash. I learned that I'm not supposed to stop right in
front of my foster mom while she is walking, because that trips her
and annoys her. She's nice about it, but I can tell that she gets a
little annoyed when she trips. I have learned positive things, too.
Savanna, the pointer, showed me how to pull on the leash. This way I
don't trip my foster mom. It's working pretty well, most of the time,
but I must not have it quite right, because my foster mom stops me
sometimes and says "no pulling". There must be a happy medium. But I
know I get it right sometimes, because she calls me to give me treats,
even when we are on walks. Speaking of treats, I have learned to sit
for treats - although I don't really see the point of it. The treats
are pretty darn good, though, so most of the time, I cooperate with
this foolishness. You would be very proud of me, I think.


I have my own bed here! It's in the bedroom. I love it. I get to sleep
in the living room on the couches and on the chair, too. It's a pretty
soft life here. The food it very good, no complaints at all. I always
finish all my food. You might not even recognize me, as I have put on
a few pounds. I have learned about some new treats that I didn't know
about before. They get raw sweet potato here. I was uncertain about it
at first, but now I LOVE it. I never heard of it before, I think!
Sometimes I get little frozen pieces of something called "raw". They
are SO YUMMY. The other day we each got some pieces of frozen green
beans and broccoli. Usually we get the broccoli raw and not frozen,
though. The girls here get teeny cheddar cheese cubes as treats on the
walks. My new foster mom calls them "training treats". Since I'm part
of the family, I get them too. Isn't that cool?? We're supposed to be
good - sit at street corners, and not pull on the leash to get the
treats. Caleigh is kind of nuts, though. She wants the treats ALL the time.
I like to pay attention to the squirrels and the birds. Savanna and I walk
together out in front and ignore her.

I hear IBR is looking for a perfect new home for me. I'd like to put
in a request for a home with a very soft couch, and some really nice
soft dog beds. It would be nice to have one of my own. I have a pillow
of my own here, on my bed, and I really like that, too. Another thing
I like is kids. There aren't any that live here. But every time I see
them on our walks, am so happy. There is something about kids that
makes me so happy. I don't care how old or young they are. I like
them. I'm not too picky about exactly which food I get, but now that
I've had a taste of good food at your house and here, I'd like to stay
with the good stuff. I feel so much better. So I hope that my new
furever family feeds me really good food.

I am sending some pictures of me. My new foster mommy says I
should also send these to Aunt Carola so that she can update my
blog. She says that's how my new family can start to get to know
me, and start loving me. I hope that they look at my blog soon.
I can't wait to start loving them.

Love,

Sammy Anne

No comments: